3 October 2019
Ké Pringá - BOJ Recipe by Aingeru
- Free-range chicken
- Black pudding
- 240 g belly
- 540 ml vegetable and meat stock (bones, onion, carrot, leek, bouquet garni)
- 160 g chickpeas
Its Spanish name comes from the traditional way of eating the meat ingredients in the casserole, with your fingers, which means you will end up with fingers that are sticky (“pringados” in Spanish). But let’s get back to the point.
First, prepare the brown stock with the stock made from the bones with marrow, vegetables and bouquet garni for flavour. The next step is to remove the fat and clarify this stock.
- For the casserole, add the vegetables (diced to form a mirepoix), flank, ribs, belly, chorizo and black pudding, as well as the chickpeas that will have been left to soak overnight. Brown a little and then cover with the brown stock and the vegetable stock. Keep checking to ensure that it always has enough stock. The final consommé is very important. It is an essential part of the dish. Cook for 4 hours over a very low heat. Separate the lean meat, chickpeas and cooking stock (with its amazing flavour)
- Make a small sphere of stock jelly after clarifying again, measuring 1 cm x 1 cm
- Cover with the lean meat, making a circumference with a radius of around 2.5 cm
Brioche Dough & Choux Pastry
For the choux pastry: Dough 1, prior leavening: 12.5 g compressed yeast 87 g water 125 g strong flour Dough 2: 175 g strong flour 37.5 g butter at room temperature 37.5 g sugar 8 g salt 50 g egg yolk 37.5 g egg Zest of half a lemon Sunflower oil for frying
Make dough 1, with prior leavening: Dissolve the yeast in some of the warm water. Place the flour in the bowl and add the water and yeast mixture along with the rest of the water. Mix well to form a dough, kneading gently until it no longer sticks to your hands. Place in a bowl and cover with transparent film. Leave to rise until it doubles in size. Meanwhile, make dough 2 Place the flour in the bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix and knead well to form a dough. Place in a bowl and cover with transparent film. Leave the dough at room temperature. Once dough 1 has risen, degas it and slowly add it in pieces to dough 2. They have to be mixed together very well, we need to end up with a smooth and homogeneous dough. Once the dough is ready, cut it into 60 g portions, form these into balls, place them on a tray lined with baking paper and cover with transparent film. Leave the balls to rise until they double in size. Start heating the sunflower oil. Fry the balls in the oil for around 5 minutes, turning them over constantly.
Drain by placing on absorbent paper, then coat them generously in Maltosec + cornflour + chickpea butter (imitating icing sugar
Fake icing sugar
• Maltosec: 50 g • Chickpeas from the casserole stock: 100 g • Whipping cream: 200 ml • Cornflour: 15 g
- Whip the cream until it splits.
- Separate the whey from the fat.
- Prepare the butter and mix it with the cooked Fuente Sauco chickpeas from the casserole = Thermomix
- Butter + maltosec + cornflour = chickpea powder
Homemade “Starlux” style cube
- Leave the enriched stock to reduce and add Xantham gum. Place it in Starlux-style moulds.
- Write the name of the dish and ingredients on the lid
• Mirepoix onion + leek + bouquet garni + bones with marrow • 20 ml Txakoli wine for deglazing + Water
- Sauté the mirepoix vegetables in a stockpot
- Add the bones and sauté thoroughly
- Pour the Txakoli wine to deglaze and catch the juices at the bottom of the stockpot
- Add the bouquet garni for seasoning
- Leave for 4 hours. Strain
Roast pear garlic mayonnaise
- Pestle and mortar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200 ml
- Pear + butter + sugar +
- Salt and pepper
- Take your pestle and mortar and start making the garlic mayonnaise.
- Peel the garlic cloves and scald them twice in water and once in milk
- Thicken with 50% strong and 50% mild olive oil so that the flavour is not too strong.
- To make a good garlic mayonnaise, add salt and crush with the garlic in the pestle and mortar for 7 - 10 minutes before emulsifying slowly with the oil. It is important to add the oil drop by drop. The garlic has an emulsifying power that makes it possible to obtain an emulsified sauce using the fat from the oil and the air of the mortar
- Place the pear + sugar + butter in a bowl, cover with film and place in the microwave for 6 minutes. After these 6 minutes, remove the plastic film and the peel and beat. Make a purée and mix it with the garlic mayonnaise
- Place it in small pipettes and set aside.
Micro sprouts and petals
- Use the micro sprouts and petals to decorate, add colour and improve the dish with their flavour
Presentation of the dish!
- The dish is served in a mini version of the traditional cooking pot called an “olla ferroviaria”.
- Place the embers below it.
- In the casserole we add the hot cooking stock
- The “Starlux” and the Pringá will go in the mini pot
The good thing about it is that the dish is made quickly and in spectacular fashion. With a good mise en place.